The “7 Links Project” – Backyard Style
I was asked to participate in Tripbase’s 7 Links Project by the cool team over at Life Out Of A Suitcase. The idea of this project is to choose 7 of your past posts based on certain criteria and then nominate 5 other bloggers to continue on the project.
So here goes:
- My Most Beautiful Post – This has to go to the photos I took of the Sunset at St. Cyr-sur-Mer. I have to admit that I am not the best photographer or have the best camera in town (in fact most of the time I only use my Nokia N8- I am looking around for a more professional camera, just so you know). I was pleasantly surprised just how well these photos came out. Each time I look at them, I think about how that evening looked just like what I see in the photos. I am very proud of that.
- My Most Popular Post – Hands down to my post on Is the FedEx Strike Really Over? I got so many hits on this post that it was unbelievable. I guess a lot of you guys out there were having the same problem as I was here!
- My Most Controversial Post – Has to be Who Said You Could Leave the House Like That! I am definitely not into the “show it all” stuff, but I could not pass this photo op up. I don’t know how I would feel about my derriere getting plaster on the internet, but then again, I would go out like this!
- My Most Helpful Post – Since I have only been blogging about my life in France for around two months and I had a hard time with this one. After much debate with myself, I chose the post I wrote on The Mistrals. It was meant to give some practical information about the especially strong winds that we experience here in the Provencial region. I sincerely hope it was a help for those who wish to visit and happen to get blown away while here.
- The Post Whose Success Most Surprised Me – The crazy success of the post on my daughter’s birthday. When I posted Happy Birthday, Tinki, I had no idea that many people would be interested in my kid’s birthday and what kind of cake we bought for her! It simply amazed me!
- The Post that I Feel Didn’t Get The Attention It Deserved – Definitely the post on the Grotto Sainte Marie Madeleine. This was one of the best (and totally free) places we visited. The forest surrounding this grotto, the hike to it, the view from it and the peace and serenity when you are there is something the rivals no other. It also happens to be one of the most well known places near me that many people pilgrimage to. I consider it to be on the “do not miss” list when visiting this area.
- The Post I Am Most Proud Of – It has to be the post It’s Official. I am most proud of it, not because I consider it to be an especially great piece of writing, but because I was finally able to accomplish something that took so long to do. I am so proud that I persevered and was able to jump through the hoops not knowing anything about how the system of “becoming a legal resident” works in France and I did it with no help from outside forces. I really worked hard for months, on my own, to make it happen.
Well there you have folks, my “7 Links”. Now, for paying it forward.
Here are my 5 nominations to continue the experience.
- Southern Fried French
- The Runaway Guide
- Sarah in Le Petite Village
- Piglet in France