Scraping floors leaves me with a lot of time on my hands to think about things. So today, while finishing up the floor scraping, I started to think about two gripes that I have. I actually have more than two, but I tended to dwell on these ones for some reason today. Let’s just call me lame and you will when you finish reading.
It pretty much started with the fact that I wanted a snack before starting my work on the floors. I will do anything to get out of working a full shift and snacking is the way to do it. So I headed for the freezer cuz I had bought some delicious fruit popsicles and that was sounding pretty good. To my surprise, this is what I found when I opened the box…
Will someone tell me what the heck this bite size thing is?? I’m sorry, but I wanted a Popsicle, a WHOLE one. I didn’t bargain for one bite??!! How is this supposed to be satisfying? Well, I’m here to tell you that it’s not and that’s the reason why I have to eat the whole box to feel satisfied. Why do the French insist on making desserts that are just too small to give you any satisfaction? If the box would have contained 6 regular sized Popsicles, then I probably would have saved myself the calories, as well. I also would have had some Popsicles left over for another day to enjoy! So that’s my gripe number 1 for the day. I just wanted a great, satisfying snack to help me through drudgery and it was a fail.
The other thing that really got my goat was the fact that my local super market just up and decided that they weren’t going to sell my favorite cheese anymore. Yes, I know there are 365+ cheeses in France and I should be able to just pick another, right?? Wrong. I have a favorite cheese for a few things that I love in this world and there is just no substitute. Now, you all are gonna give me the big eye roll when I tell you that my favorite cheese is cheddar and I just have to have it. It’s the one type of cheese that I absolutely can’t live without. It’s the only thing great for:
- Tacos!!!- I have to have shredded, wonderful cheddar for topping off my tacos. There is no other cheese in this world that should be allowed to be on a taco. No way in heck!
- Chips!!!-The taste of melted cheddar cheese on my tortillas chips is the best ever! Like tacos, there is nothing that taste better a top my chips.
- Salad!!!-The taste of little square pieces of cheddar on my salad makes the best mix with my dressing. It just makes the flavor pop. I’ve tried others, but it was a no go. I have to have cheddar in my salad.
- Turkey Sandwiches!!!-I only want cheddar cheese to touch my turkey. There is just something about the turkey and cheddar mix that just makes the sandwich. If I don’t have cheddar then I’m not making a turkey sandwich and that’s final.
- Last but not least-All By Itself!!!- I happen to love to go into the fridge, grab the block of cheddar and just cut some slices to eat all by itself. It’s the best snack one could find. The sharper the cheddar, the better the snack.
Well, I was just pissed today because there I was thinking about all this cheese in the market to choose from and I want the one that they decided they weren’t going to sell anymore. Why couldn’t it have been one of the more stinky ones I always walk by?
Now, I have no idea how popsicles and cheddar both made it into my head for gripes today, but they did. Like I said, this scraping stuff leaves you a lot of time to think. I guess I must be simple minded since out of all the interesting things I could discuss with myself, I choose those two. This remodel must really be getting to me.
I guess I need to up my intelligence for tomorrow and think of something more beneficial. Does Hugh Jackman count??