Thank you Meredith AND Jacqui for my Versatile Blogger Award! Both these wonderful ladies nominated me this week for the award and I want to give them a big shout out and thank you.
Meredith is a fellow American who lives in Provence like me (only she lives closer to chic Aix-en-Provence than I do). She is married to a Frenchman and has two daughters. Her blog, entitled Talking Story in Provence, chronicles the daily happenings over in her neck of the woods.
She always shares the best secrets and photos of open market shopping, tours of Aix-en-Provence (and her favorite shopping places there), her life with her husband and children and her crazy dog, Duffy and all the random stuff that happens to her while venturing out to enjoy this wonderful region.
The little snippets of insight into her daily life almost always put a smile on my face. I nod my head in agreement when she and I have had the same experiences and I ohh and ahhh over her photos of the delicious fruits and veggies she’s found while shopping. There have been many times when I have just laughed out loud at some of the stuff she writes about.
Aside from us both being American and loving Provence, Meredith and I also have something else in common; she used to live many years ago in the village that I now live in! She also happens to be the one who let me in on the secret that my village is cursed. After all the mishaps and downright terrible things that have happened with the renovation of our house, I totally believe her!
So all of you out there who just can’t get enough of Provence, head on over and see what Meredith has been up to. I’m sure you’ll enjoy her stories as much as I do.
Jacqui lives in northern France with her husband and son. Jacqui originates from the UK, but just like me, she got bit by the French bug and now has a little piece of earth here, too. Jacqui shares her stories at The French Village Diaries. She has her own garden where she grows some of the most delicious veggies and she is also the proud owner of some ducks, chickens, a couple of ol’ cats and the cutest mini cooper ever! Jacqui and I became blogging friends thanks to sharing her love of Cantal cheese with me. See, both Jacqui and I are ardent gourmands of that oh so delicious cheddar cheese which happens to be difficult to find in my region. I was grumpy and complaining one day how life just sucks without cheddar and Jacqui chimed in and introduced me to Cantal (I have mentioned this story before, but what the hey, it was life altering for me!). Now she is my Cantal-Cheddar bestie!
Her blog tells of life in her very tiny village, trips she’s taken (she just spent a week road tripping in her mini with her hubby), the delicious things she grows in her garden and her family life ( aka living in France with a preteen boy who happens to have a blog of his own).
Stop on by Jacqui’s blog and say hi. You’re bound to find some delicious food you’d like to try (or grow) and some wonderful places to put on your “to visit” list.
I’ve been told that in accepting this award, I must supply some random information about myself. I guess that shouldn’t be too hard since I consider myself a random kind of person. So, here goes:
- I have four children of my own, 3 girls and 1 boy, but I also had a baby for my brother-in-law and his wife because they couldn’t have children of their own. Yes folks, back in the summer of 1999 I was busy giving birth to my niece. Not many people can say that, now can they?
- I have the biggest crush ever on Anthony Hopkins and I’ve had that crush since I was a little girl when I first saw him in the movie, “Audrey Rose”. Heaven help me, if I could go back in time and write him a letter from my nine year old self and tell him to wait for me, I would so do that. Just as an extra, I also have the hots for Hugh Jackman, in a really big way.
- I absolutely LOVE popcorn and orange juice together. There is no way in heck this girl is eating popcorn without having a glass of OJ sitting right there to accompany it, no way Jose. It’s the best EVER and I think you all should try it.
- I have an extreme phobia of needles and dolls. I’m not kidding, it’s really bad. A doll holding a needle would put me in the grave in .01 seconds, no kidding. I break out in a cold sweat, my heart starts pounding in my chest and I get clammy hands and feet if I even see a picture of either one. This has been a phobia of mine since I was a kid. I gave birth to all my children without any medication whatsoever cuz there was no way the doctors were ever gonna stick a needle in my back for the epidural. The pain of child birth was a piece of cake compared to that. It’s also the reason why I didn’t become a spy. If I was ever caught by the enemy all they would have to do is show me a photo of either a doll or a needle and I would tell them everything they wanted to know and then some.
- It’s a little known fact in my family that my great grandma on my mom’s side (my mom’s mom’s mom-did you get that?) was of Cherokee Indian decent. She was a stout little thing and always wore her hair in a long, black braid down her back. I am also, Italian, Irish, Spanish, Black Dutch, and German. Dude calls me a mutt. Mutts are cute so I will forgive him for that.
- When I was 17 I got the chicken pox and because of my advanced age, I missed two weeks of school, one of which was Spring break (thanks stupid new kid who had the pox and came to my school for only one week just to give them to me and then left and never came back!) and I had the worst case possible. I mean those pox were EVERY WHERE. I hold no grudges, but I tell you, I will kick his old behind if I ever see him again.
- I hate fish. I don’t like the way it looks and I don’t like the way it smells and I will never, ever eat it! Nothing that comes out of the sea will ever touch these lips.
Well, now that you know that I birth nieces, like men with sexy accents, love strange food combinations, have heart stopping phobias, am a mutt, catches disfiguring sicknesses, and would rather have an aquarium of fish that a plate full, I think it’s time to bestow the gift of the Versatile Blogger award to some people whom I really enjoy reading their blogs. Although I read a bazillion blogs (it’s sort of addicting) and love a ton of you guyzes to pieces, some of you just hog up all the awards to I gotta spread the love!!!!!……..